News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

a gold rotating bezel?

Started by thesheiladivine, March 22, 2011, 11:05:16 PM

thesheiladivine

All this means is that it's well worn to the brass underneath right?

orangecorallimorph

Hi, if you notice the bezel edge on this item you will see a much more coarse coin edge. This is the giveaway that this watch appears to indeed be a "two-tone gold bezel". If you look under "what are you wearing today?" post you will see my example of what this watch could be. The regular Seawolf has a much finer coin edge. Bid away on this one because from the look of that nice dial also it would restore beautifully. Good luck!

jon p

i read some where that these bezels were 9kt gold for some odd reason. fairly rare and sharp looking. i wonder if they were as prone as the brass/ chrome plated ones to wearing and becoming VERY loose?? my chrome bezel was loose but some how BWG was able to tighten it, doesnt click any more but it wont fall off!!!

Oliver

I have a GMT Aerospace with a solid 9k gold bezel and it's very tight and clicking nicely  8)

jon p

oliver--talk about rare--gold bezel GMT!!  glad to hear it is tight and clicking. i guess the 9kt has something to do with it being swiss, i think the UK does something different with gold content also.

thesheiladivine

Would the missing stem and wrist band have been 9kt gold also?

thesheiladivine

Answering my own question, I see it in Butch's gallery:

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/p7lsm_img_14/fullsize/09-TTSW_fs.jpg

Now this is a spectacular looking watch...I'm falling in love with the seawolf all over again.

Gold stripping on the band and what looks like a gold stem, too.

jon p

the gold on the bracelet was plated and not solid gold like the bezel. i dont believe the crown was gold plated, stainless steel like other SWs. usually the gold trimmed models also had gold details on the dial and gold hands. it wasnt real bright/flashly so that doesnt show in pics well. sometimes you will see a gold bezel that has been added to a regular SW.

thesheiladivine

Well, I bought this watch and have sent it to Butch's watch guy.  And having emailed back and forth with Butch about it, I'm going to try to recreate the watch in the gallery with the same look.

thesheiladivine

So here's the watch I bought on ebay.  It was missing a crown, wristband, didn't glow at all and had the wrong crystal.  BWG serviced the watch, pressured tested it and reglowed it.

They added the appropriate crystal, polished the bezel and, to my great fortune, happened to have a gold signed crown and gold used clasp, which they attached to a banta two-toned band.  The clasp polished up extremely well and the crown looks like new old stock.

BWG said this watch was about as close to original as it gets barring the wristband.  I have noticed that the gold crown is smaller than the stainless steel crowns, something BWG suggested was due to fitting the larger gold bezel.  Can anyone confirm this?

Overall, I suck at taking close up pictures like this, but I'm really really pleased and I called BWG today to let him know.

jon p

hot damn--what a transformation!! simply beautiful and the bracelet looks fantastic! the gold crown had to be a little smaller to clear the bigger bezel it looks like. BWG truly ROCKS!!!!!! i know from my own experience with 2 sea wolfs, a gmt , a aerojet 24hr and a 1950s BEL AIR automatic dive watch. wera it with pride, because you have brought another historic zodiac back from a wreck to its original splendor.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign