News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

WTB: Astrographics crystal

Started by bil, April 09, 2011, 11:40:32 AM

bil

I'm looking for an Astrographic crystal for an old Zodiac I inherited from best friend when he passed away. There are no numbers on the back. It is silver, and the jeweler told me the crystal is 28.5mm across. Any and all leads will be appreciated.
Kindest thanks, Bil

jon p

BIL--welcome to the forum! start searching ebay, wont be easy to find, good luck!

pidda_sweden

Hi, I think I have one crystal that may fit. It has a few scratches. Tell me if you are interested in pictures.

Peter in Sweden

Sea Wolf

If OP is not interested, I am, please post pics.

Thanks
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

pidda_sweden

will try....

pidda_sweden

maybe now it will work..... :'(

Sea Wolf

Thanks for posting the pics.  I'll have to pass, i'd like to find one without scratches.  I have waited a couple years
and don't mind waiting a couple more to find a NOS one.  Thanks again for posting.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

pidda_sweden

You´re welcome...no problem, maybe somebody else has use for it.....
The scratches are only visible in strong light in a special angle. Just wanted to make an honest picture  ;)

Nateb123

What shape is the crystal you need?

Circular crystals can be installed by any decent watchmaker.  I work at a place that replaces them all the time, even gets sapphire replacements.

For more interesting crystal shapes with domed surfaces you have to get a bit creative though.  When Diesel first started making watches, they aped a lot of the astrographic and SST designs, used regular old hands, made the dials look like pseudo-high-tech radar screens and then threw them on the market.  Lots of those are carbon copies as far as cases and crystals.  So finding an old one of those and stealing the crystal would be cheap.  In fact I might be able to raid the watch graveyard at work if there's one in there.  Diesels are crap so they die all the time and we teach new employees how to do a battery change on their broken carcasses haha.

Sea Wolf

I need the round astrographic crystal with white markers, not the gold markers.

I forget the exact size, but I will look it up and post back here and include a photo.

Thanks!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

glasless

@pidda, i am interested in that crystal! is it still available?
recently cracked my crystal on a solid concrete floor :yeller

Sea Wolf

Quote from: glasless on August 15, 2011, 06:41:47 PM
@pidda, i am interested in that crystal! is it still available?
recently cracked my crystal on a solid concrete floor :yeller

That sucks.  I waited over 2 years to find a crystal for my astrographic.  Look on ebay daily and you may get lucky.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

glasless

i would be very happy with a scratched crystal as well.... i hoped i could reach pippa, anybody in contact with her/him?

Sea Wolf

what crystal are you specifically looking for?  The astro has the black or white crystal.  I have my old white crystal that had one scratch in it.  I can take some photos of it and post, let me know.

ETA:  I posted my used crystal to ebay.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

glasless

i'm looking for the black ring with white markers, exactly the same as in the left upper corner...
will check out your ebay listing... thnx

pidda_sweden

2 glasless. sorry for the late reply. my internet was down for a while in the deep forrests of sweden ;).
hope you´ll be happy now...i DO have the crystal....still interested???

regards
pidda

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign