News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Chronometer back from BWG

Started by Butch, March 23, 2011, 01:50:38 PM

Butch

I just got this back from a service and timed it. I then asked BWG if I should send it back as it was 2 seconds fast a day.   :P

For reference, it left the factory being within 8 seconds per day so anywhere around there is great considering it is now probably 40+ years old. Unfortunately there was nothing to be done with the dial, but I can live with that. This is the rarer 34 MM case too.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

nice, i had just asked a question about a chronometer, now i can see one. i think i could live with 2 seconds a day !! if i can get some additional info,  like which model it is etc ,i may bid on the one the cat rescue people in the UK have for bid. that dial is not bad at all.

Butch

Not that it would stop me from bidding on it Jon, but, be aware that one is a manual wind.

Oliver

Hi John,

I have a Kingline (Automatic) Chronometer in my collection. Bought 10 months ago and serviced by the brilliant watchmaker recommended by Butch. Having bought too many watches lately, I would be willing to sell it. You can see some pictures of it here:
http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=750.0

Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings,
oliver

jon p

oliver--beautiful watch but i am sure it is out of the  watch budget range for this retired senior!!! i will have to try for the steel version on ebay. yours is really sharp looking and in pristine condition, thanks for the offer, i just  dont think i can afford it, unless i win the lottery!!! why dont you list it in the members FOR SALE section, i am sure it would draw a lot  of intrest from some of the rich guys!! LOL   jon p

Oliver

No problem. And good luck for the steel version!

p.s. yes, i might do that soon!

jon p

butch-thanks for the reply, the one on ebay is different, looks older, below 12 has zodiac and automatic below that, above 6 is chronometre. date window is the non rectange shape, bigger at the outer edge, kinda like some of the real early S W s i have seen. very plain watch with gold dial and simple thin hands. the guy sent me some pics but i cant forward them, wish he would add them to his sale post.

Butch

Sorry, maybe we are looking at different auctions Jon. Which one were you referring to?

jon p

BUTCH--ebay # 140523962495 sorry for the confusion, CRS kicking in again!!!LOL.  jon p

Butch

Thank you Jon, I stand corrected.

Oliver

Another chronometer from Zodiac, just found on ebay, see ID 330545726062

Never seen that model. Also in 18k Gold. But US$ 2,445 ?  :o

jon p

may be a little on the high side!! olivers is better looking and has been serviced!! i cant read german.

Butch

Just checked my 1950's and 1966 catalogs and it is not in there. Maybe a model that was between them.

Now look, I will admit the price of gold is high.
I admit the Zodiac made a pretty damn good watch, through most periods.
But, $2.5K for a freaking Zodiac????
While it is pretty and in amazing condition, I'll pass.

Thanks for show us this Olie!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign