News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I am in love!! Check out this Astro II

Started by Melmoth, January 22, 2010, 06:54:10 PM

Melmoth

This is a model this I've never seen before, Look at it!! , something beautiful that come out of the 70's!. I think the integrated band is genius and just look at the dial, now look at the price :(

http://www.chrono24.com/en/zodiac/1514840.htm

Right, I'm off the browse google's global cache of webpages, there has to be one somewhere......

jon p

:P first time i have ever seen one of these--very nice but i bet you could NEVER find a replacement strap !  i didnt collect watches in the 60s but now i wish i did so i could have paid attention to what was out there new then.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:-[ :-[ butch, please dont cry ! it IS a beautiful watch--i guess i am way too practical some times.  comes from buying some watches that i cant locate replacement bands/bracelets for and thus cant wear them.  JON

jon p

;D butch, your astro has a completely different case--this style in another brand of watch is the type bracelet attachment i am talking about. the one with the leather band is a mystery --is the band  actually sandwiched between  the front and back of the case?

Butch

Yes, it is sandwiched. So is the one on the metal band. Like the 2nd row, 4th from the right, in my watches.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ken Genender

I spent many evenings drinking wine with Mr Monnier at his home in Neuchatel.  When we got to bottle #3, Willy would tell me all about the old models that he developed for ZODIAC.

The ASTO II just never made it.  It looked good in print but it lacked in comfort.  The design influence of the strap and watch head integration came from Hermes.  Rgds, KG

davec

Quote from: Ken Genender on January 31, 2010, 06:03:39 PM
I spent many evenings drinking wine with Mr Monnier at his home in Neuchatel.  When we got to bottle #3, Willy would tell me all about the old models that he developed for ZODIAC.

The ASTO II just never made it.  It looked good in print but it lacked in comfort.  The design influence of the strap and watch head integration came from Hermes.  Rgds, KG

Love these stories Ken, keep em coming.  Great to get some insight behind the curtain.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign