News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Part Astro, Part ??

Started by zaniac, November 16, 2010, 05:00:58 PM

zaniac

This one's interesting, in that it has the red dot for the seconds, but has hands for hour and minute and doesn't say Astrographic?
Plus the band is signed Zodiac, but it's the newer 90's style with the safety clasp.
How would they make the disc for the seconds since the case is diamond shaped? I guess it's round and under the minute chapters on the dial.
Any idea of the era?
Chris

jon p

??? that is a real weird one for sure ! sorta ugly imo, dont think it was born that way, a true frankenzodiac. aint it interesting what we see out there.

Butch

That was one of the later models. Dunno what made them decide to add hands to them, but it is real.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Those later Astros are Astrographic blasphemy!!! 

;D Just kidding, I definitely do not like the later models with hands instead of discs though.  What I found interesting was that the seller implied that you will be getting to wear the same brand of watch the infamous mass murderer wore........very creepy.  I am sure that is a factoid that the original company wanted to forget. 

Butch

IF one believes all that crap (and I don't want to discuss it) it was a Sea Wolf.

I saw the original DVD with Robert Downy. Supposedly in the Director's Cut DVD (the second release on DVD) they finally gave credit to this web site. Yes, I did consult on watches from that time, but not on the validity of the theory.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on November 17, 2010, 06:44:10 PM
IF one believes all that crap (and I don't want to discuss it) it was a Sea Wolf.

I saw the original DVD with Robert Downy. Supposedly in the Director's Cut DVD (the second release on DVD) they finally gave credit to this web site. Yes, I did consult on watches from that time, but not on the validity of the theory.

Very interesting.  I had thought that it was never definitively proven, but was not sure.  I remember seeing a documentary on the crimes around the time the movie was released, and they had suggested it as a possibility for the origin of the killer's symbol, but since they never knowingly caught the killer they did not actually know its true origin.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign