News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

sea wolf red bezel!?

Started by jon p, May 10, 2011, 10:03:48 AM

jon p

:o :P    item # 1106844952988 i dont believe this is original, especially that bezel! writing on dial doesnt look right either. i think seller means CROWN does not push all the way in, instead of BEZEL! has any one seen a SW like this one?

Butch

Yes. There is a picture of it, and the other two, somewhere here from the 1975 Catalog. I imagine what he is (badly) saying is that the crown no longer screws down. That model is famous for the crown and tube stripping and only aftermarket parts can be used to replace them.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

8) thanks  butch, so it IS real ! i will have to look for the photos you mention, do you think it is one of the posts ?

Butch

Yes. I tried to find it but cannot search on the attachment name it seems.

Ultra-Vintage

I have had that model before, and the dial is essentially identical to atleast one other 70's Seawolf model.  It didnt really grow on me, so I sold it.  Mine was in better condition than that one, but I wish I had gotten that much out of mine  :o  Is definitely an uncommon one though....

kgriner

This is now my red seawolf, just got that one off the Bay, it arrived today.  Butch has one in his gallery also..  Nice watch, pretty clean, except the crown needs to be replaced.  Looks like a non Zodiac crown where the threads are too big for the threads on the stem.  And not 100% sure about the dial, but I have lots of NOS Sea Wolf dials... Otherwise I'm happy.

Kg

Butch

I saw that auction, you wanted that one bad.

jon p

8) i really like the overall look of this one!!love the red bezel, what kind of bracelet will you put on it? hope the crown thing isnt a big problem, let us know. BWG should be able to get it right for you.

kgriner

It's on a matching Bond, looks really nice!  Didn't really want it "bad" but I wanted it and I paid the price I needed to get it, it was not too much over an ideal price...I could have had a nice (prob for 2) dinner for the extra $ I spent...But I got the watch, and had a hamburger instead!!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign