News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vintage Zodiac Piece (1950´s?)

Started by Snoopy, November 11, 2023, 10:46:28 AM

Snoopy

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to the captivating world of watches and could use some guidance.

The case diameter of this piece measures 31 mm. Would you consider it a men's dress watch?

Judging by the three-digit number on the inner side of the case, the production date should fall between 1950-1960, correct?

Could you shed light on the materials used here? Is it plated brass? Case itself is non-magnetic. Did Zodiac produce "antimagnetique" gold-plated models?

Taking a glance at the side view, the crystal boasts a distinctive shape. Could it possibly be the original one? It's in good condition, and I'm aware that finding authentic spare parts like this can be quite challenging.

The seconds around the dial bring to mind the "Jet 24hr" models. Does anyone know the specific model name or why there are seconds around the dial without the main idea of hour numbers starting with 24? It seems a bit unusual to me.

What are your thoughts on the crown in terms of authenticity and originality?

Although it's of lesser importance, I'll ask anyway since new Zodiac bands aren't currently in production. Is this band from Zodiac? Similar to the crown, there are no visible markings or branding.

How would you assess the overall authenticity and condition of this watch?
Any insights on its rarity and the estimated number of pieces produced?
What was the original price, both then and now?

Thanks for your time, thoughts and help!

YuriyV

Three digit ref number maps the model to 1940-1950s time frame.

By that time, 31mm was a big size.

Yes, the case is gold plated brass.

Antimagnetic mean materials used for hairspring and pallet fork have lower magnetism, related to previous watch generations. But not completely anti magnetic. Mostly marketing trick.

Watch looks authentic to me. Just in poor condition.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign