News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New member, 18 year owner - gold point - automatic chrono

Started by silverarrow, October 18, 2009, 09:55:52 PM

silverarrow

Hi everyone. Small group, but we seem to have good taste. Mine is not a way back vintage, but I have owned it since new 1991, gold point, blue chrono dial. I was on a trip to the Cayman Islands with my "now" wife and I had to have it. Around about 2000 I was on a flight from LA to NYC and the crystal cracked (I had tapped it just right on a dresser at a hotel just before leaving LA and it put a small chip on the edge of the crystal) not a good day. I had Tourneau Jewelers in NY put a new crystal in (since at the time Zodiac was just getting going with , not perfect, and no longer water resistant, but it looks ok for everyday wear (my oldest son, I think, put a nice scratch in the crystal a few years ago). I would love to find a crystal from a "point" model and a good jeweler to get this thing back to where it should be. BTW, thanks to Butch for getting a site together for us select few who know that these watches are really worth the effort.

Any help on finding a new source for an authentic crystal would be appreciated.

Serial # 406.41.15 (sorry, if the pics are too large I will shrink and repost)

silverarrow

jon p

;D hi-welcome to the zodiac forum! the best way to get the correct crystal is to contact zodiac direct through their web site.you can send your watch to them and they should be able to help you and they do the pressure testing. i returned one for additional bracelet links a while back and they returned it with the links installed and the report of the pressure testing. JON

jon p

Sea Wolf

Quote from: jon p on October 19, 2009, 09:23:47 AM
;D hi-welcome to the zodiac forum! the best way to get the correct crystal is to contact zodiac direct through their web site.you can send your watch to them and they should be able to help you and they do the pressure testing. i returned one for additional bracelet links a while back and they returned it with the links installed and the report of the pressure testing. JON

How much did Zodiac charge you for extra links and pressure testing?
Do they have extra links for the last super sea wolf line?

Thanks
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

silverarrow

That's great, I'll give them a holler and see what they can do. I assumed they would not be able to help on the older "pre-Fossil" watches. Thanks for the info. I will let you know the outcome!

jon p

;D seawolf--its been a while but i think links were 5-6 bucks each. the kicker is--they will NOT send you the links,i had to send the watch to them!! i called after i received their email reply and begged them to send them to me to install.NO WAY--i ended up sending them the watch. took only a couple of weeks and i had to pay around 12.00 ups return shipping. i even asked my watch repairman if he could get them-he said he is not a zodiac dealer so he couldnt get them either! i doubt if they have anything for pre fossil. my links were for a new V-WOLF 300 meter.who knows-they ARE some strange people to deal with for sure!!!  FYI everyone---if you own a seiko you need links for contact them---on one of my 20 year old titanium seikos they sent me 5 links FREE and they even paid the postage!!  hope this info helps every one.  JON

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign