News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A little help on a Zodiac

Started by paddy_2009, November 01, 2009, 01:59:09 PM

paddy_2009

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can help me.

My great uncle gave this watch to me years ago, I've never used it and just left it in a box.
Does anyone know if it's worth anything?

Thanks
Paddy

Butch

That is a Astrographic, big in the 70's. Worth a couple hundred, more if in great shape as you have the band. They were designed to be serviced every 3-5 years though so based on what you say, you should get that done.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

reydelaplaya

Though by no means am I as qualified as Butch, but I think that might be an Orbiter Automatic.  As an owner of a similar Orbiter, I see the design difference being the date window between it and the Astrographic.  Having browsed through the Astrographic gallery here, all of the date windows are at 12 except one at 6, whereas the date window of the Orbiters pictured, as well as my own, is at 3.

Either way, you have a very nice watch - have it serviced and hang on to it.

I've included a photo of mine as an additional reference.  Please overlook the scratches in the glass crystal, as I have yet to find a replacement or someone who can polish them out. :(

Sea Wolf

Another thought... The date window placement can indicate a women's watch on the Astrographics.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Rey is correct! That is an Orbiter from the late 1960s. Another difference between the Astrographic and the Orbiter is that the Orbiter is pre-SST so does not have the high beat movement.

Sorry, I was in a hurry and did not OPEN up the picture to see the difference the first time.

bd
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

paddy_2009

Thanks you all for your replies...

Really helps.

It seems to have the heatbeat motion. As when I place it on my wrist, it starts to tick..

Reason I've been looking into how much it's worth is looking to raise some cash.
If I were to sell it, what price would I be looking for? Also where should I look to sell it? I was thinking ebay...

Paddy

jon p

;D sometimes the crystal scratches can be polished out. check ebay-every once in a while i see crystals.if the scratches are minor try some MOTHERS mag wheel polish--auto section at wally world--i have had good results with plastic crystals and some glass ones with minor marks. if they are DEEP on glass nothing will fix them! polish works excellent on stainless steel-just DO NOT use on PLATED surface-it WILL remove the gold etc plate!!  JON

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign