News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

An example of what I meant about buying a watch on eBay

Started by Butch, April 27, 2011, 05:57:01 PM

Butch

The following are presented as presumptions and in no way reflects on the character of the seller.

Here is an eBay seller that  sells yard sale stuff (look at his feedback to see what he normally sells). gets his father in law's watch, wants to sell it, and then when listing it uses eBay's search feature and thinks he has struck gold. Look at his information, pictures, and the condition of the watch.

Then look at his selling price. It is not even an auction, the BIN is $500.00.

I am posting this here rather than as a reply to my other post as this auction will go away and may not make sense to others reading it later.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dawej

But he do state that "WATCH WILL GO TO HIGHEST OFFER". Seems to be in good condition though, at least on the outside. Think I will put in a lowball offer and see what happens.

Although $500 could be a very good price for a never seen 70s Seawolf with quartz (!) movement.  ;D

jon p

yeah, those quartz sea wolfs are really rare! some people think all watches run on a battery.he probably wont get a buyer at 500.00. it looks good,wrong bracelet, original bezel is average. lets watch it. should we tell him it dates from the 60s and is not quartz? i wonder how it is runnig good if he didnt wind it?

Butch

Out of the drawer into an auction. Not restored, unserviced, not even a popular model nor seen on eBay enough to get this price. $150? Where does he get that price?

Oh, yeah, check his feedback to see what he normally sells.

Lemme know if this gets tiresome.

thesheiladivine

This one, on the other hand is pretty, with original paperwork:

Butch

Help me to understand exactly what you are trying to say when you provide that auction as an example in this topic.

jon p

#1605...wow, bet there is a lot of interest on this one, description/picture leaves a lot to be desired!! well, we DO know it IS  a zodiac, maybe.

thesheiladivine

Quote from: Butch on April 30, 2011, 07:10:30 AM
Help me to understand exactly what you are trying to say when you provide that auction as an example in this topic.

I suppose to say that this auction is the opposite of what usually comes on ebay.  Instead of a seller overstating a zodiac with incorrect parts and demanding a ridiculous price, here's an example where the watch looks good, looks correct, comes with a rare box, paperwork and the seller started the auction at a low price with no reserve.  It's refreshing to see.  I wish I cared about these 70s bezels so that I would bid.

Butch

Thanks! I thought so but wanted to make sure. I agree with you.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign