News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New member of the family - Red Point automatic diver.

Started by JDS (Ohio), October 10, 2009, 10:14:57 PM

JDS (Ohio)

The Red Point I mentioned in the earlier thread actually arrived last Saturday, but I was scrambling to get ready for a trip to our plant in Cd. Juarez, so I didn't have time to upload and resize these pictures. My photography is pretty crappy, it looks a lot better than it shows in the photos.  41.34mm Diameter, 20mm lugs.  It sure seems NOS, but true to what you would expect from a watch around 20 years old, the tritium is pretty dim except on the hands and the larger markers.

And last, a shot of the Zodiac with another Zodiac as background - the Zodiac carried by the reproduction Nina.  Reproductions of Columbus' Nina and Pinta were tied up at the Covington side of the river last Sunday.  Though ostensibly very true to original design, the crew does have lots of modern stuff kept mainly out of sight, some required by maritime regulations, others just for comfort and convenienc.
John

davec

That looks great John, didn't realize they were that substantial.  It really holds its own next to the big Super Seawolf. How's that oyster-ish bracelet? 

jon p

;D :o  man-that IS NICE!! is that bracelet about a 22MM wide. i love BIG watches and my wrist is small so my wife makes fun of me wearing an alarm clock ! was the bracelet plenty long?  JON

JDS (Ohio)

Sorry about the late reply folks, I've been out of town and swamped when I'm in town. 

Jon,
The bracelet is 20mm  and tapers to 16mm at the last link before the clasp.  I've never owned a Rolex to measure it, but I've been told this is the same taper as on a Submariner.  I had plenty of links, I think we had to take out 2 to bring it down to the correct size for me (I like mine a little looser than some).

Dave,
The bracelet is very comfortable, and feels great with the watch, in spite of the 4mm taper.  I was prepared to dislike it with that much taper, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I wore my Tridente today, but I think now I might have to put on that Red Point again.
John

jon p

;D :o you have a nice one there! i am with you--i like a loose fit-i cannot stand a tight fit-- i like the watch to move around some.if it leaves an impression on my skin it is WAY TOO TIGHT!  JON

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign