News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Old-Skool Digital Monster

Started by reydelaplaya, November 02, 2009, 01:55:23 PM

reydelaplaya

I realize digitals aren't the norm here, but...

Enclosed are a few photos of my old Zodiac digital.  Looks virtually unused, including the JB/Zodiac band, all 18K plated, and it's bigger than my old cushion case S£!&o diver.  So tacky it's beautiful!  Mid to late 70's I'd guess, maybe early 80's(?).  Movement looks like a science fair project that picks up shortwave.  Yet sadly it doesn't work since I don't know what battery it takes - and all I have tried have produced nothing.  Sorry, haven't yet mastered the art of photographing gold.

Butch, you or anybody else have any idea where to start to get this one working?  Battery info?  Good service for digitals?  Anything really, would be appreciated. I'd like to get this one into rotation every once in a while - even thought about buying a new cheap digital with a similar sized display to donate a the guts while I get it's original working, just so I can wear it.

Thanks in advance for any info. - rey

reydelaplaya

still haven't figured out to attach more than one pic at a time

reydelaplaya

Butch

Ah yes. Electronics has advanced mightily in the past 30 yeas, have it not? I agree, probably from the late 70's or early 80's. My 1975 catalog only shows the LED model. I had a Bulova in 1980 (Back off! It was a gift from the ole lady before I was able to put my foot down on non-mechanicals.) that looked much like the guts of yours.

If you want to send me an email I will give you information on someone that may be able to help you with this.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign