News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Spacetronic, circa 1960's

Started by bobg171, May 26, 2011, 09:21:52 AM

bobg171

I purchased an estate sale recently and this watch was mixed in with some coins and old jewelry. A Zodiac Spacetronic.
The lady told me she purchased this watch for her son while he was in high school in the late 1960's. He wore it a grand total of 5 times, the kids teased him, he took it off, never touched it again.
Apparently it's been sitting in a draw since then.
I put a new battery in it, and it runs like a champ. I intend to replace that cheesy band with a nice lizard skin one asap.

Can anyone give me any info on it? I.E. exact age, history, value?

tia,

bobg171

Sea Wolf

Welcome board.

IS the band original to the watch and does it have the zodiac logo?

I do not know much about that model, but I do know you want to keep the original band.
You can swap it out for a lizard, but don't lose the original band, that is what will give the watch more value
if you ever do sell it.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:o what a lucky find! fantastic that it is running. a piece of zodiac history, probabily  middle/late 1960s, to early 70s.quartz not valuable BUT it is sharp. i can appreciate the quartz watches, and my 100 watch collection contains many quartz, zodiac and all other brands. i just lucked up on a wakmann that looks a lot like your zodiac, pristine s/s case, beautiful dial and runs like a champ, at  a dirt cheap price. what more can you ask. is your bracelet marked zodiac anywhere? is it a streatch type--hair puller?

jferg1

I know this an an old post, but I too have the same watch, and I thought it'd be convenient not having to post similar pics. Another poster had mentioned that it's quartz, but I think it's pre-quartz electronic. It's battery powered, but has a balance wheel with some other mechanical components and a transistor switch. I think it has an ESA Dynoton movement which is used in some other electronic watches from the 60's /pre-quartz time period.

Unfortunately mine isn't running and I can't seem to open it. I'll take it to a jeweler and see if they have any luck. Does anyone know what kind of battery it would take?

Thanks for the help, first post. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign