News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Goldenline

Started by Butch, May 25, 2012, 02:40:21 PM

Butch

One of the guys here bought this watch to get a movement for his Sea Wolf. Then he was nice enough to sell me the leftover parts for this Goldenline. It took a little while to find a movement and then have it restored. It is 36 MM w/o the signed crown which was huge for the mid 1960s.

What do you think? Ino, ino, if it ain't a Sea Wolf, it ain't shit.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Mr Rick

I'm new and haven't developed an attitude yet. :D

I think it looks fantastic!!!!! :ur

Ultra-Vintage

That is a sharp watch IMHO.  It appears to be large for a dress watch, the dial has a really classy look to it with the large oversized applied markers, and I love the large lion design on the caseback (this is the best looking lion design, the slightly different one that they used on other Goldenline models does not look as good).

Cobber

Wow!  That thing is absolutely gorgeous.  I've been paying a lot more attention towards dressier watches lately.  Had a set of his and her's Olympos watches restored but my wife has no interest in the lady's.  I get a kick out of wearing mine from time to time as it is gold on gold and really looks like nothing around.
As well, I have been keeping my eyes open for other 60-70's era "formal watches".  Were this on the bay, in large part due to it's size, this would have jumped to the top of my "watch" list.

What's the lug size, if you don't mind?  I would like to investigate what bracelet would look good with this.

Fantastic diligence by the way.

Butch

Thanks guys. It is the normal 17.5 MM band. I have wanted one of these for a very long time.

jon p

:wehe            BUTCH, that is really a beautiful watch, really classy!

Butch

BTW, this was not restored by BWG, it was done by another watchmaker for me. More to come on that.

smithrjd

Beautiful looking watch. Reminds me of the Omega Constellation. Have not seen many of those. 

L. Ocle

What I can say about the watch... is that I got the "real-pinkygolden" version... ;D

See it sitting right with a couple friends...

Interesting back, I concede.

Butch

Well, at least one of the 3 is nice looking....

>:D

:P

;)

L. Ocle

Hey, you got no idea how useful the other two are every time I have to go to a Saturday's Night Fever movie theme party...

Quote from: Butch on May 27, 2012, 11:02:29 AM
Well, at least one of the 3 is nice looking....

>:D

:P

;)

L. Ocle

And your's got no original bracelet...  :P

Butch

Trudat! But it is a damn fine alligator aftermarket!

8)

So, are you saying you actually WEAR the other two? Outside the HOUSE? And people SEE you wearing them in public?

:what

zaniac

Looks great 8) I've owned three of them, one I still have and one was the first Zodiac I ever owned. Love the looks.
Chris

L. Ocle

Well, as you can see, one still has the tag on it...  ::) But you are right, sometimes I wear it at home and look myself in the mirror... We are not normal people...

Anyway, you must always  remember is not the watch who gives personality to the owner, but the owner to the watch.   :D

(kidding mode ON) But you may be European to see this point, of course the golden ones do not fit well with a John Deere cap and a squared shirt. (kidding mode OFF)

Quote from: Butch on May 27, 2012, 03:23:29 PM
Trudat! But it is a damn fine alligator aftermarket!

8)

So, are you saying you actually WEAR the other two? Outside the HOUSE? And people SEE you wearing them in public?

:what

Butch

OH! He just called me a country bumpkin! A Spaniard with a sens of humor! OK, OK, I will play nice.

Actually, you hit on a great point Luis. I like to tease people about the watches they own that I am not fond of (so don't collect). I would wear any watch in my collection. But I will admit that I truly love the diversity of your collection Luis. Between your collection and the supporting documentation you own, as well as your ability to tease and be teased, I think you may be the Spanish version of me.... (God help the others here).

L. Ocle

Hey, "The Spanish Butch", what a great honour... Maybe one day, when all the Pateks, and all the Rolex, and all the Omegas, and all the Longines are gone and Zodiac will become THE cool collectors' brand, we will be ready to build an empire...  :D

About teasing, well, what I know is that if you pretend to do it, you have to be ready to be. That's a bi-directional game.

About "the others"... well, I've read some with an acid sense of humor in the forum...  8) But they don't have to be worried, my English skills are not bad but not good enough to intelligently tease on a regular basis.

And about my collection, let's call it eclectic in models, yes... although since I stop here more often I'm afraid I'm beginning to develop that "SeaWolf thing" .

My collection is not that big (but growing) and lately developed as a one-brand collection, what had me busy getting rid of some other watches. One of these days, when the later piece (it seems there's always one to arrive...) gets home, I'll put here all the pics I got.

Butch

Quote from: L. Ocle on May 29, 2012, 07:43:55 AM
although since I stop here more often I'm afraid I'm beginning to develop that "Sea Wolf thing" .

<heavy sigh> Another collector ruined and limited in vision. One of these days I am going to write an article on why the Sea Wolf was never "the greatest dive watch ever made". But is IS damned cool!

But this thread has given me an idea for a new thread to start up. Thanks!

Butch

BTW, collecting SW's IS cool. Just not a limited number or a bunch of the same ones. There is someone here, or used to be, that was well on their way to collecting them all. While this is not every one it is a damned good start. Now THIS collection would be impressive.

Sea Wolf

Don't forget the Lady Sea Wolf's.  My wife has the largest collection of lady Zodiacs, I think.

If anyone completes that grid, they must have the correct bands for it to count.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on May 29, 2012, 07:14:03 AM
OH! He just called me a country bumpkin!

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

Butch

I just picked up another Goldenline. A watchmaker wanted one after restoring the one above for me so I picked it up for him. Damned if it doesn't have a salmon dial too! I thought about keeping it and giving him the white one, but then, he would have to restore the salmon one, and then a fist fight would ensure, so I am letting him have this one, as promised. (Damn I am a nice guy.)

Luis was kinda thrilled that I had bought his watch off eBay and asked for a picture of it on my wrist. (Must be that celebrity thing I guess. I had a guy actually say that to me once after i bought his SSW, go figure.) So, here it is Luis. Please don't tell Sea Wolf as he has been trying to get a picture of my wrist for years.

Sorry, down and dirty picture. It is a PITA to try to take one like this due to my torn rotator cuff so this is as good as it gets. The watch looks a 1,000% better than this crappy picture shows it.

jon p

the goldenline series was a group of very elegant designed watches, your examples are really sharp/classy dress watches!!!

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on July 04, 2012, 01:56:06 PM
I just picked up another Goldenline. A watchmaker wanted one after restoring the one above for me so I picked it up for him. Damned if it doesn't have a salmon dial too! I thought about keeping it and giving him the white one, but then, he would have to restore the salmon one, and then a fist fight would ensure, so I am letting him have this one, as promised. (Damn I am a nice guy.)

Luis was kinda thrilled that I had bought his watch off eBay and asked for a picture of it on my wrist. (Must be that celebrity thing I guess. I had a guy actually say that to me once after i bought his SSW, go figure.) So, here it is Luis. Please don't tell Sea Wolf as he has been trying to get a picture of my wrist for years.

Sorry, down and dirty picture. It is a PITA to try to take one like this due to my torn rotator cuff so this is as good as it gets. The watch looks a 1,000% better than this crappy picture shows it.

Now that is one sharp watch!  ;)

L. Ocle

Well, I wanted a picture WITH THE WHOLE PACK. I mean, salmon original bracelet included...  ;D

Anyway, nice wrist, haha.

It's a peculiar watch. Looks better than in pic, really.  I have too many golden/gold ones, so I was cutting collection by the lower golden edge, and this was chosen for going away. Glad it will find a nice new place to live.

Woodlands1

Quote from: Butch on July 04, 2012, 01:56:06 PM

Is the salmon a pink gold color? Is the case yellow gold?

I ask because I own a pink gold (color) JB Champion Zodiac bracelet looking for Zodiac watch. :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign