News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac World Time watch operating instructions

Started by bob36, June 23, 2012, 04:57:15 PM

bob36

Hi,  I need to find the operating instructions for a Zodiac World Time automatic watch.  Does anyone know of an online source for Zodiac Watch instructions?
Many thanks,
bob36

bob36

Hi dmh,  Thanks for the reference.  However, it didn't appear to address the question that I have.  I live in Alaska (-10 from GMT/-9 during DST).  When I set the local time hour hand on the watch (chrome hour hand) to my local time, the red world time hand on the watch is exactly twelve hours ahead/behind and there does not appear to be any way to change that time relationship.  I want to set the world time hand to show GMT.  If I set the local hour hand to 2:00 PM local time, the red world time hand is at 1400 hours, when it should be at the 2400 hours mark (or 2300 DST).  How do you change the time relationship between the world time hand and the local time hour hand?  The watch setting knob only pulls out one notch, which allows you to rotate the hands, but there does not appear to be any way to change the 12 hour time difference between the local hour hand and red world time hand.  The only other setting for the knob is to push it in towards the watch, which allows you to change the date.  Am I missing something?  Many thanks, bob36   

smithrjd

I had questions as well, the GMT hand is tied to the hour/minute hand, it will track the exact same time but in an 24hr format. To see a second time zone one has to move the bezel to the offset +/- to the time one wants to track. The World timer has a bezel with the cities instead of the 24 hour bezel, same thing, set the city to your city (anchorage to the dials time) and look at the city of interest to see it's time. A watchmaker COULD set the hour hand to track a specific offset, but then it would be one of a kind.

bob36

Hi smithrjd,  I get it!  The chrome hour hand shows the local time using the 12 raised chrome rectangles while the red hour hand shows the equivalent time on a 24 hour clock.  The rotating bezel on my watch does show the world cities/localities, so if I set the bezel to show my time zone (Hawaii Time Zone during DST) then the correct time does show for London/GMT.   Thanks for the clarification!  Best regards, bob36   

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign