News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

The latest Seawolf

Started by rplace, July 03, 2012, 04:09:02 PM

rplace

So you think it is worth a trip to the spa? Like the feel of the NATO, like the look of the Zodiac leather strap. Long term need to find a bracelet solution for either the white or black one. What sort of dial improvement can I expect from a full restoration?

Enjoy!

L. Ocle

In my opinion, a vintage watch is called like this because it's vintage. No need to restore it and leave it like new if all parts are in overall good enough condition. They has a vintage flavour that some restored pieces lack. To me, it looks good as it is. I got a couple ones, and the black one has worst dial than yours (look at the darkened numbers) but I really love it like it is. Remember that to wear new watches... they exist new watches. Hope it helps, although I know is not an undisputed position.

Butch

You are not alone Luis. A lot of collectors think as you do. Some will actually not buy a watch if it was ever polished.

Me? I am in the other camp, I like them restored, best possible.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

L. Ocle

Quote from: Butch on July 04, 2012, 01:42:31 PM
You are not alone Luis. A lot of collectors think as you do. Some will actually not buy a watch if it was ever polished.

Me? I am in the other camp, I like them restored, best possible.

I'm in the middle of both camps, to be honest. As you perfectly  know, I don't mind to have a fully restored one, but at the same time I don't feel the need to restore one if in good vintage condition.

Cobber

Re-polishing external areas and the crystal have huge effects on the presentation of the watch.  That and cleaning the dial is about where I stop.  I tend to like the aged lume of a vintage watch. Seeing as how the lume on this one has aged consistently without the "rust" spots I would be afraid of spoiling that.

rplace

Perhaps restoration is the wrong word. I want it running as good as it can inside and looking as good as it can outside...short of adding/changinganything that did not originally come on/in the watch. I want it to be a nice looking vintage piece not look like a new watch.

Thanks!

Butch

Hmmm. Well, if you look at the bottom of my Watch Repair tab you will see what I want. And always original.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign