News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Latest - 80s quartz GMT

Started by JDS (Ohio), February 12, 2013, 07:02:01 PM

JDS (Ohio)

I think this one is from the 80s, the quartz era, I'll have to get in the catalog and see if I can narrow it down.  Not labeled as a point series, or a Sea Wolf, just "Zodiac" and "GMT".  It has an acrylic crystal, and tritium lume (pretty much dead).   I think they just took their existing quartz diver and added the 24 hr hand and bezel insert to make the GMT;  it still has a unidirectional ratcheting bezel, like a regular dive watch.  There weren't any boxes or papers, and arrived in what appears to be an Italian altoids tin, but it appeared pretty much unworn.

I like the root beer clone style, but not sure if I'll keep it; I've gotten spoiled to mechanicals.  ;D
John

Butch

1990's. There used to be a guy here that had one in red and blue.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

1990s - I stand corrected.  8)  George Olney (on EOT's UDWF and the MWR) had one in the Pepsi colors, but I think his had different hands, stick instead of mercedes.
John

Cobber

Whatever the specifics are, that's a pretty cool and interesting looking Zodiac. I've been uninterested in quartz for quite awhile now but wouldn't mind having that at all.

jon p

i have always liked the looks of that model, and it looks like you have found one in excellent shape!! usually that bezel is worn to the point there are no numbers left. are all the bracelet  links there? nice find, in an unusual color.

JDS (Ohio)

Thanks guys!  Jon, the bracelet links all seemed to be there, it was too big for my over fed wrist, I think it might have been able to fit an 8" wrist.  The bezel is a bit stiff, probably from sitting unused for so long, the edges are nice and unworn, and the insert also shows no wear, so it must have been forgotten in someone's drawer for a long time. 
John

destrow

i have "pepsi" clone from 1992. should be getting it back from BWG this week.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign