Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: For Sale - Vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf dive watch with a divers wet suit band  (Read 538 times)

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 25+ years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
THIS is truly a very rare collectable!

Serial Number: 1258038 (~1960)
Movement: Caliber 1624 (non-hacking) made by A. Schild for Zodiac.
- AS 1687, 1688 were the base for caliber families for brands such as Doxa, Eberhard, Favre-Leuba, Girard-Perregaux, and Zodiac.
Band: Early JB Champion band for Zodiac with the diver's wet suit extension.
- Full length! 4 removable links on EACH side of the clasp! Fits my 8" wrist comfortably with the clasp fully closed up.
- A very expensive band at the time. They quickly quit selling it with this clasp, probably to save money.
Dial and earlier non-veined hands are in good condition with some patina.
Luminescence gave out long ago. New lum at 12 on the bezel.
Bezel is in very good original condition with a little pitting. Great coin edge on it. Turns as it should with positive clicking.
Case and back in great condition with sharp edges.
Fully serviced, runs accurately, and winds smoothly and easily. Very typical of these older movements.
NOS original crown and the gasket was replaced in it. New gasket in case back. New crystal.
- Having said that, do not ever let your very expensive collectable get wet!

This may be your last chance to find the Sea Wolf model between the 1950s Sea Wolf and the later 1960s and 1970s models we are all familiar with. Note the hologram logo on the rotor. Again, briefly used and then stopped to cut costs. I have not seen this model for many years and this is only the 2nd one I have ever owned. I have taken a lot of big pictures for you. 5 for the unique wet suit expansion clasp. Click on them to enlarge them. Please excuse the fingerprints, harsh lighting, and my poor photography skills. When most people buy a watch from me they first thing they say after receiving it is, "WOW! This looks way better than your pictures!".

I would rate this at ~96% original. WHAT? you say? I bought this as you see it but one end piece was lost. A very good friend of mine took a 22 MM Zodiac end piece I had and cut it down to fit this band at 12:00. He did a GREAT not only cutting down from 22 MM but also making the center pieces fit. It is VERY close and you can now wear it. He also told me he would NEVER do this again for me. <sigh> If you ever come across another one you can replace it. But I seriously doubt you will.

$1,495.00 delivered in the USA and most International shipping available for an additional fee.
Please email me for purchase or with questions.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 07:43:09 am by Butch »
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright� 2021, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information� |� Privacy Policy� |� About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign