News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Pimped Zodiac

Started by Sea Wolf, January 31, 2012, 11:06:14 PM

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

That was up before. Early wrist watched were ladies (or small man's) pocket watches where they soldered the lugs onto the case for a strap. Examples of this can be found by doing a search for trench watch for examples from WW1.

At to this one, I dunno. The lugs look too modern for that and I know nothing about pocket watches, even Zodiacs. 
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:wehe      i have heard about pocket watches being converted to wrist wear but this is the first time i have seen one! how frickin NEAT/UNIQUE!!!!!! i bet you would get a lot of attention wearing it at the next watch show.  really 48mm is big BUT there are a lot of wrist watches made now that are as big or bigger, ie 52mm. i wonder what period in time this dates to---i know nothing about pocket watches.

dmh

Folks from the Ukraine are famous for pocket watch conversions. Some look nice and others are down right ugly. The uneducated purists have seizures every time they see either one. In the early part of the 20th century, when you bought a pocket watch you picked out a case and then a movement. Therefore there was no such thing as an "all original pocket watch".  I only have 1 from the Ukraine. I just fell in love the first time I saw it. The movement is from 1915.

Best,
dmh

jon p

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign