News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Trying to Find My Father's Zodiac

Started by Chev James, October 08, 2009, 05:59:28 AM

Chev James

I am about 8,000 miles away from home right now . . . in the Middle East . . . so I cannot take a photograph of my father's Zodiac, which my mother and I got him circa 1968 or 1969.   I am including a picture that shows the general shape of the case, but the watch we got my father--who passed away in 1985--is different from the pictured one in these ways:  (1) the watch is gold plated; (2) the hour hand is painted on a disk on the dial, and this entire disk turns to mark the hours.   I have never seen a picture of a vintage Zodiac that looks like my dad's.   My wife is going home to retrieve it; I would like to have it serviced and to wear it.   

I bought a new Zodiac Dragon Wing and have an Oceanaire on the way.  I normally wear Omegas and Seikos, but was drawn to Zodiac recently because we got this one for my father.   I know that the new Zodiac company is nothing like the old one . . . but I also think the new one is going to make it!

Butch

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/olympos.php

Have a look here. That is an Olympos and it went through sever iterations in its about 30 year evolution.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Chev James

Butch,

You found it!

I had no idea it was an Olympos . . . I will try to find out some things about them.

In general, how good were they supposed to be?   

And are they commanding high prices today?

Thanks!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign