News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

How much is it worth?

Started by crtkmayfied, July 23, 2011, 12:14:52 AM

crtkmayfied

I have a super sea wolf, 75 atm.  It is practically identical to the one on my avatar.  I don't know what year it is, or much about it other than it was given as a gift to my grandfather, and he gave it to me.  It still has the original hinged display box in very good condition and the cardboard box that goes outside that.
The watch itself is in very good condition visually, but it doesn't run (not sure why).

My question is--How much would this be worth?  We have hit a rough patch and this is about the only thing we have that might be worth some money, but we don't want to over or under sell ourselves.

Sea Wolf

:welc

Your best bet is to post pics of your watch here with the box and everything you have with it.
Make sure to take close up shots and turn your camera to close up Macro mode for clear photos.
Take many photos of the front, back, side and with the other gear you have with the watch.

If the watch has not been modified and it has the original band, box and papers it may worth some money, how much
though depends on a buyer.  Others here may be able to give you a better estimate once you post photos.

That is a sought after model for sure.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

crtkmayfied

This is what we've got.  Some of the pics aren't the greatest.

Sea Wolf

Can take better photos of the watch?  The camera should have a "Macro" mode for close up shots, then they will be clear.

Is the crystal scratched at all?

So far it looks pretty good, original band and box.  Hard to tell more without more clear photos.

Thanks
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

crtkmayfied

No scratches on the crystal.  Grandpa's initials are etched on the back though.  That's the only "defect".  I never considered it bad because it gave the watch history.  Here are some pics my wife took this morning...they are better than mine.

crtkmayfied

Butch

$750 to the right buyer if it has been serviced recently? Nice looking specimen. I agree with the engraving. many collectors do not like it but it matters not to me.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

crtkmayfied

No, it hasn't had any work done on it.  Like I said in the original post, it doesn't work and I dont know what's wrong with it.  So what do you think it's worth as is?

Butch

Tough to say. Only what a buyer is willing to pay I guess. It could be an easy fix or may need a whole new movement. I would think you could still get $350 for it though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign