News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Two-Tone GMT

Started by orangecorallimorph, October 05, 2011, 05:49:33 PM

orangecorallimorph

Check out item number 220865493809. Super nice complete watch that went for a nice price. Would have loved to bid to win this but funds too short. :shuc Congratulations to the new owner. :ur It will be a keeper if restored.

jon p

:wehe :wehe :wehe :wehe :wehe   ORANGE--thanks for your congrats--i won the bid on this one!! i still cant believe it, my funds were kinda short also, so i set a top limit--and walaa--i finally won  a bid ! i just cant believe i got it for $266.00!! i figured this one would be WAY OUT OF MY RANGE, but, i always give it my best shot, and in this case it worked. i really think the couple of other bidders really didnt know what it is. there is another post here about 2 tone gmts, look at UVs. really nice, and with some tlc this one will shine too. it is better i think than the pics show, crystal is terrible but this is an easy fix. dial looks very nice through all those crystal scratches!needs a good polishing and there IS plating wear on the bracelet BUT it IS the "rare "original matching bracelet and seller verified it is full lenght, 21 links, the same as my one owner SW from 1968. i truly dont think the seller actually knew what he had, no mention of" hard to find, orig bracelet, solid gold bezel "etc!!! sorry to ramble on guys, but i am so excited i probably wont sleep tonight! i hope i did well at $266.00, i felt that for what it is it is worth every penny of the price. BWG will probably get a visit from this SOON,i feel like it is worth the investment to bring it back to its original glory. please tell me i did good!!!!!!

Ultra-Vintage

Good deal Jon.  I am sure that BWG will be able to easily restore that one to it's proper condition  :)

orangecorallimorph

WAY TO GO JON! Now I know for sure you will figure out how to post some photos of that AWESOME GMT when you get it. Before and after photos!  BWG will fix that up RIGHT! I am super happy for ya, cuz I know how much you admire those two-tone SW's. That will be a keeper and when you get it back, don't be afraid to wear it! YOU LUCKY DOG! your friend-O.C. p.s.-you did good! :ur

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D ;D      thamks for the kind words guys!! i really will try to do some before/after photos, i just bought a new camera with maco. if i can figure out how to put them on the forum. maybe sea wolf can add them for me if i send them to him. i just cant get the hang of a lot of this computer stuff!! watch should be on its way today, cant wait to actually see/hold it. sellers pics were very good, but as we know things always look different in real life, i hope for the BETTER.i already know what BWG can do, i will "turn them loose on this one" . after seeing UVs restored one i hope mine will come out as good. a new crystal will make 100% improvement to start with.

jon p

:ur  thanks BUTCH, your help and advice over the years has made it possible for me to realize what this watch is, and have the knowledge to make a good choice and a fantastic buy!

davec73

Great job Jon!  Glad it went to fellow enthusiast.  I saw it but figured it would go for bigger bucks considering how even beat up non bracelet gmt's run for $250+.  Congrats

jon p

:agreei   DAVE, i was with you, i figured it would go for a price that would make me cry! well , i took a shot, set my limit of $302. that was max i was willing to pay and let it ride. by the way, i am NOT lucky and usually loose! i guess this is why i got so excited at winning. i got something REALLY special at what i think is a very reasonable price. ahhh, the exciting world of zodiac collecting, hard to believe it all started in 1968 when i bought a SW at the PX!wore it for years but didnt really get interested in collecting zodiacs until about 2005! i still have it,was just restored by BWG.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign