News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A genius in our midst....

Started by Ultra-Vintage, January 20, 2012, 07:36:41 PM

Ultra-Vintage

First of all, when you start an auction out with that "Poor Man's Heuer" garbage, it just shows a lack of knowledge in my opinion.  As I have said before, vintage Zodiacs are not a poor man's anything.  Especially Heuer, as the construction quality of the Zodiac was as good or better than the Heuers of the time.  I dont care what the Heuer collectors think, that is the truth.

Secondly, his Zodiac Chronograph was made by Heuer in the 90's? 

Made by Heuer, not Zodiac, in the 1990's?  I dont remember seeing that one in the 90's catalogues on www.zodiaccatalogs.com
I believe it is a few decades older than that.

But................................. what do I know  ???

dmh

You can't expect too  much from a seller that tries to sell" New York City Sanitation Badge Trash Man Local Union Rare 1970's 1 Owner NR !" with an opening bid of $99. Ebay item # 110800534067.
Best,
dmh

LexLoci

An interesting discussion of the relationship between Heuer and Zodiac with regard to the Caliber 12 movement, can be found here:

http://onthedash.com/docs/ChronomaticMovements.html

It seems Ultra-Vintage is quite correct, the early Zodiac chronos are not a cheap "poor man's" replacement for any Heuer movement of the same time period....in fact they are close cousins....

LexLoci

It seems my newly acquired Zodiac Chrono, featuring a Caliber 12 movement, is the rich man's Heuer!!!!

From the above website:

"The use of the Caliber 15 movement rather than the Caliber 12 movement allowed a Caliber 15 Carrera to have a retail price of $170 (versus $185 for the Caliber 12 model); the Cal 15 Autavias were priced at $185 (versus $200); and the newly-introduced Calculator retailed for $200 with the Caliber 15 (versus $220 for the Caliber 12 model)."

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign