News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Seawolf Restored and Mystery Band UPDATED QUESTION

Started by funnyfreak, April 04, 2012, 04:28:54 PM

funnyfreak

I am posting the before and after pictures of my Seawolf.  It had it worked on by Raymond.  He was very fair and did a great job with it.  When I bought the watch, it was in good working condition.  He repaired an offset center wheel w/canon pinion.  Also replated the bezel.  That's it.  I expressed my interest in a new face and hands, but he said they were in such good condition he didn't recommend it.  I got an estimate the same day he received it, and it took him about two weeks to do.

Now, for my mystery band.  I initially posted when I bought my watch  back in 2010.  At the time no one recognized the band and figured it might have been switched out and simply had a Zodiac clasp put on it.  However, just the other day I discovered an almost identical Zodiac band on eBay: 290689368696. Hopefully someone can figure this out.  Thanks.

jon p

;D :welc   very nice SW!!! i really like the bracelet, it is not seen very often, looks real good on your watch.  BWG does do great work, he has restored many for me, both zodiacs and other brands. he does careful perfect restoration work. the replated bezel is fantastic, a great improvement.  wear it with care and pride.

Scorpio55

Ditto  :welc

I have not had the pleasure of having him do any work for me as of yet, I do have one I am going to send to him, looks like he did a pro job as all I have seen that he has done on this Forum.  I also have a Sea Wolf that was completely re-done by the seller from NY, he also did an outstanding job, but I go admit, I do like your bracelet better than the one on mine.
RGH
Read you 5 X 5.

zaniac

I wouldn't say the band is a clasp swap. It's a JB Champion and I've seen that on some Zodiac SST models and similar style bands on some Super Sea Wolfs. If it had straight end pieces, I'd be more inclined to think it was originally on a different Zodiac watch, but with those end pieces, I'd say it's legit. Like Butch has mentioned, if swapping the band for the customer would make the sale, the Zodiac salesman was more than willing.
Enjoy it ;)
Chris

funnyfreak

Thanks for all the input.  I'm glad you have seen this band around before.  When I bought the watch, I was hesitant and not sure how authentic it was.  But the watch itself was in great condition for the price and I figured I could replace the band later.  But I really do like the look of this one, and it is super easy to adjust and add/remove links.

funnyfreak

For insurance purposes only, because I never plan on selling this, I'm trying to get a general idea what this watch should be worth now that it has been restored. 

jon p

:wehe          from many sales i have seen $500. shoul be a fair price. the replated bezel REALLY looks outstanding, i may have one of mine redone, the watch was restored before  he was able to repate them. it looks like new. very nice additon to your watch.

smithrjd

BWG or Raimond does great work. Very nice watch. Bands are a conundrum. I am no expert but yours looks later than the watch. I have had very hard time trying figure what band is right for what watch. It is a JB Champion and Zodiac marked clasp. Best bet is to sign up for the cataloge search on this website. Something I need to do. They have the advertisements from Zodiac showing what was sold back in the day. Great find. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign