News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I just thought I'd post the Zodiac on my wrist today

Started by JDS (Ohio), May 01, 2012, 04:41:22 PM

JDS (Ohio)

I don't know that a real roll call is my intent, but I just thought I'd post the Zodiac I'm wearing today, mainly just for the heck of it.

It's a 38mm Sea Wolf, I believe from the early to mid 1990s, a "Blue Point" model.  This is the watch you see on the wrist of the guy in the Zodiac magazine ad, wrestling the snake, with a knife in his teeth.  I don't know how many other colors it came in, but the dial on this one is pewter, and I have a smaller 34mm version with a white dial (and 2 tone gold/SS case and bracelet), that I gave to my wife.

Butch can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this may have been the last of the mechanical movement Sea Wolves.

Does anyone else here have one of these?  And if you're wearing a Zodiac yourself today, post away.

John

jon p

:ur :agreei   i also have one of these, the full size gold/stainless with the creme color dial. i think it gets called "white" when it actually is not. i guess all of them were blue dots. i think this series are 2824 movements. mine needs cleaning, it keeps great time but it takes shaking it a BUNCH to finally get it started!! these are the ones with the weak crown that can strip, be very careful, there are no parts available. i really like mine, i think i will pull it out today and give it wrist time.

JDS (Ohio)

Jon,
Yep, Butch warned me abou the crown, they're unobtainium.
John

L. Ocle

Mine, testing it, purchased recently for 40$ in France...

A 1977 "extra-flat" (as it was advertised) Astroquartz, with integrated mesh original bracelet, working perfectly.

Not my favourite kind of watch, but when you collect, you collect.

longview65

As a matter of fact......  I too am wearing a Zodiac today.
My VERY hard to come by Mid-sized GMT.

Andy

Hello all,
Newbie here, first post.  Great forum you have here and great looking watches!

My Sea Wolf (seen below) was just sent to BWG to get fixed/overhauled so I'm not wearing it today.
I'm posting a pic of my Lumi that I am wearing today, hopefully soon I'll have the Sea Wolf back and will post after shots.
I got my Sea Wolf about 20-30 years ago from my Step-Grandfather.  I was a kid back then and did not know anything about watches.  I wore it a couple of times and put it away.  A month ago my wife bought me a Rolex for my 45th, which triggered my memory of the Sea Wolf.  I knew exactly where it was and set off to find it.  I found it and was shocked that it was in much worse shape than I remembered as you can see in the pic.  The end links are missing, its fairly corroded, the bezel barely turns.  Hopefully BWG will bring it back to life.

Have a great day!
Andy

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign