News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Newbie with Zodiac Seawolf and a Glorious on it's way

Started by Dutchsiberia, June 24, 2012, 02:42:42 PM

Dutchsiberia

Hi, my name is Martijn, I've been collecting for a while now, mostly Seiko watches, but at some time I really wanted a Zodiac.
Being Dutch, the watches on Ebay were to expensive for me, until I found this one, listed as "broken and for parts"

After receiving the watch it was almost impossible to remove the snap on back, a lot of scratches already showing the former owner's futile attempts to open the watch. I finally was able to remove the back, clamping the watch in a vice with rubber padded claws, a case opening tool an a careful tap with a jeweler's hammer.

Messy desk, sorry...

I found this :)

It had a very heavy shock in it's life, misaligning the balance, jamming the pallet fork. After a quick dis and assembly of the balance the watch started to run again :)

The watch needed "some cleaning" and the movement was disassembled, cleaned and lubed.

(i used the watch as a movement holder)

This clutch is often slipping too much on the date models

Nice early Radium dial!

nice isn't it :)

I found an old bracelet

Radiation damage in the plexi glass? (the little cracks in the plexi glass in the shape of the triangular indices)

The watch is running great, and maybe not very clear on the photo's, the crown is the original signed crown :)

Another Zodiac, just "won" from Germany, on it's way :)

I'm hoping more Zodiacs will follow :)

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Dutchsiberia

Thanks  :D
I'll post pics of the glorious too, but that will be after my holiday in France  :-)
I suspect it'll arrive during my holiday and wait for me in the post office.

L. Ocle

Great thing being skillful enough to do this, it allows you to go on more Zodiacs....  :)

Nice job!

rplace

Nice job. I am jealous you have the equipment and skills to do that yourself. Enjoy!

Dutchsiberia

Thanks all :)
It's the only way for me to get some cool watches, buying non working wreckage and try to fix them :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign