News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vintage Hermetic Zodiac, but how old.

Started by Big Al 51, October 23, 2009, 03:22:29 PM

Big Al 51

Hi, i'm a new member to the site. I recently inherrited my Grandfathers Zodiac, a hermetic chronograph. I'm going to get it restored but need some advice. The watch is fully functional but the glass is badly marked, should i (if possible) get it replaced. I've heard it said this takes away from the watches value and heritage, any ideas.  Also if i gave someone the serial number could they tell me what age the watch is, I reckon its pre-60s.  Have included some photos for you to see,   cheers Allan

jon p

;D :o   allan--welcome to the site!! beautiful chrono you have. i have a wakemann chrono that looks a lot like yours. go ahead and replace that crystal so you can enjoy that very pristine dial. if it is a plastic crystal which it appears to be sometimes you can HAND POLISH the scratches out--i use mothers mag wheel car polish--works great. DO NOT use a machine buffer-if you get the crystal too hot it WILL MELT!! the polish works good,slowly, so be patient.if that doesnt do it have the crystal replaced--they are easy to find and about 20.00.my watch repair guy replaces mine usually while i wait. the polish works good on the stainless case also. does the watch run good and all pushers work correctly?keep good time? get ready for a shock if you have it cleaned--it can get expensive to have a chrono cleaned.my 3 register ran around 200.00!! there are a LOT of parts in there! i think BUTCH will be able to date it for you--he IS the zodiac guru for sure--he has all the catalogs etc. hope this help--again, welcome to the site, there are a LOT of great people on here who all love zodiac watches.  JON

REXMAN

Any updates? did you get it restored and what happens to the value after?

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign