News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My first Zodiac.....1960's SeaWolf

Started by flyingdutchman, December 29, 2009, 03:49:01 PM

flyingdutchman

I just purchased my first Zodiac recently and so far I am very happy with it. It keeps perfect time. It is also my first automatic watch and I am already spoiled. I did contact Butch's watch guy and I do have a service lined up. I always like to have all my new watches serviced that way I know it was done right! There is a NOS minute hand waiting for me to replace, I hope the lume matches.  Well I would like to thank Butch for this site and look forward to learning allot out my Zodiac and others. I have the bug.......I am now looking for a nice Aerospace Jet.   Ha Ha. Look forward to hearing from you all.

TJW

Congrats!  My first Zodiac was also a recent purchase and happens to be an Aerospace Jet now in for service at Butch's watch guy.  A SeaWolf or GMT may have to be next.  Be aware, the Aerospace is a small watch(perfect for my petite wrist); the upside is it fits nicely under a cuff and does not get banged up like my bigger watches.

jon p

;D 8) NICE seawolf ! i have one like it i bought in 1968--LUV IT. mine has the same braclet which is very comfortable. if the lume on yours doesn't match Butch's watch guy can re-lume. your case/dial look great.if your bezel is loose get him to tighten it, did fantastic on my gmt he restored recently for me. my seawolf bezel is VERY LOOSE so i don't wear it til i have him restore it-afraid it will fall off and they aren't easy or cheap to find.check out ebay# 200389897703for a nice white dial aerojet. a little pricey in my opinion.a nice black dial version sold recently for under $150.00. i paid a little under $200.00 for mine,black dial-restored but no bracelet. it IS a weird watch to wear because of the 24hour dial-you have to wear it a few days to get used to telling time at a quick glance !! lots of people hate them due to the different dial. black seems to be the most wanted color but myself--i really like the white-seems to be easier for my old eyes to read. it    is a small watch by today's standards,but like you said, i have a small wrist and it wears well and is VERY light weight. if i want to wear a BIG HEAVY watch i punish myself and break out my LUMINOX all stainless navy seals 8200 ! rest assured your watch will be returned to you looking FINE as my gmt did. Butch's watch guy IS the zodiac wizard.  let us know when you get it back.  JON

flyingdutchman

Thanks for the great responces to my first post. I sent out the Sea Wolf today to Butch's watch guy and hopefully he will do a great job. I have no dought about it. If he is unable to match the lume....I say keep it as it is. I have several other vintage watches from early trench watches to WWII Luftwaffe watches and I love to keep them as original as I can. To TJW: Guess what...just won a AeroSpace jet today on E-bay. The crystal was a scratched up a bit but I'm sure that is a quick fix for BWG (Butch's Watch Guy). Other than that they say the movement is in excellent working condition...hope it was a great find. Thanks again jon p for your responce, I love to hear about other peoples watches. If any of you collect military vintage watches such as trench watches, demi, shrapnel guards, German pilot watches WWII, Borgel cased watches please contact me via my e-mail address. I collect all brands such as DOXA, ELGIN, BULOVA, LACO just to name a few. But this is NO place to discuss these. Thanks again for your responces and warm welcome. flyingdutchman.

Butch

Did you see my restored Jet in the services tab? Now THAT was making silk from a sow's ear guys.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

flyingdutchman

That watch is beutifull!!!!. Questions for you Butch.... What came first the Aerospace Jet or the Aeronaut? What kind of original bands went with the Aerospace...metal or leather. Also on my SeaWolf, which I can not access right now, has a serial number between the lugs under the six. This serial number begins with a 18XXXXX. The rest I forgot. It is on its way to BWG. I think I e-mailed you the number last week. Any way of tracking down a date of manufacture or is it all guesstimates?  flyinggdutchman

Butch

Quote from: flyingdutchman on December 30, 2009, 07:59:23 PM
That watch is beutifull!!!!. Questions for you Butch.... What came first the Aerospace Jet or the Aeronaut? What kind of original bands went with the Aerospace...metal or leather. Also on my SeaWolf, which I can not access right now, has a serial number between the lugs under the six. This serial number begins with a 18XXXXX. The rest I forgot. It is on its way to BWG. I think I e-mailed you the number last week. Any way of tracking down a date of manufacture or is it all guesstimates?  flyinggdutchman

Sorry, just been busy. Some day I will pull all this into a spreadsheet. There is no official serial number to year list that I have ever found. Most of mine comes from original owner stories on their watches and I save pictures and serial numbers. Best guess is yours is a 68-69. The SW came first, it is in my 50's catalog. The GMT and Jet are both in my 66 catalog. Not sure which one came out first. As for bands, most GMTs came with SW type bands. The Jets came in metal stretch bands and leather. Remember, back then a jeweler would do anything to make a sale, so changing bands among models at the store was not uncommon, if that is what the customer wanted.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

flyingdutchman

Thank you very much for your responce. That narrows things down a bit. FD

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign