News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

More pictures posted

Started by Butch, October 30, 2010, 10:40:19 AM

Butch

SW has posted some more pictures of my collection in My Watches. Of course, they are the bottom ones. More to come too!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

zaniac

Keep them coming, they're fun to look at.
The last two of the forth row, the two newer Sea Wolf's, are the second hands original on both? One looks square and one looks like it has an arrow point on the end. I've never seen a second hand look like that, but I've seldom seen those newer versions of the Sea Wolf's either. And I'm certainly not nitpicking the watches, just trying to learn about these rarer shovel hand Sea Wolfs.
Also, the third from the end, 25 jewels. What movement is that and about when was the watch made? Is it an ETA and/or still signed Zodiac? Very unique!
Chris

Butch

Those are the shovel had SW available in the mid-70's. Came with a variety of bezels. As far as I know the hands are original to the watches. The certainly are Zodiac and correct.

Ahh, the Diamond Dial. Near as we can piece together, that was an ebauche brought into the US for lower tax purposes and then cased in a Star Watch Case Company. The dial was modified with the 14K gold holders and diamonds, has to have a high dome crystal so that the hands go over the added markers. Just an unusual collector's piece. I think the 25 Jewels was added to the dial when they added the diamonds. The movement is 25j and is a 70-72, certainly a rarer take on a standard movement in the Zodiac stable. Normally this movement is seen in a 17j or a 21j version.

UV, feel free to weigh in on my hypothesis.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

zaniac

Wow, what a history on the Diamond Dial! Very interesting!
I never knew the 70-72 was available in a 25j version. Talk about a one of a kind watch!
Congratulations on finding it :)
Chris

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign