News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Quartz Digital

Started by jswanj, December 14, 2010, 10:24:53 PM

jswanj

Hi my name is Jim but everyone calls me Swany. I have a Zodiac Quartz Digital Mans watch with a Zodiac band. Its still in the original boxes . The band says 1/40 10 kt RGB trim.  Dose anyone know when this was made or about its worth. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Swany

Butch

It was made in the 1970's. BTW, those are referred to as LED watches if you want to do some research on the web. LEDs are an interesting if short lived piece of horology.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

The huge question on any vintage LED watch is......does it work?  Of the ones that I see, about 1 in 25 will work when replacing the battery.  If it works, there are collectors out there for it and it will have value (although I do not know the LED market well enough to tell you what that value could be, sorry), if it doesnt, it is just an interesting display piece that might be able to be repaired if you have LOTS of cash to spend on it.

jswanj

Hay thanks for the info guys. I will get some new batteries and check it tomorrow . I have it on e-bay right now with a 700+ reserve on it. But if it dose not work I will pull the sale. I did see one on e-bay that sold for $625 a while ago and it was stainless steel not gold.

jswanj

Bad news guys and gales. It dosent work. I took it apart and the liquid crystal is cracked and let the fluid run out. It looks like a common digital crystal display but I havent seen one like it in a while. Dose anyone have a source for this stuff ? :(

Butch

A quick Google found this http://www.retroleds.com/index.htm. I do not know anything about them though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D contact BWG, he can work on these. i have a zodiac LCD astrodigit that i will let him look at, very rare model, maybe worth fixing???

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign