News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Mom's old watch--really cool

Started by lupara, April 02, 2011, 06:54:39 PM

lupara

I've looked throughout this site & others referenced here, but I haven't been able to find the one I got from my mother. She thinks she had it at summer camp in the 50's. The face is almost brushed gold in color, with copper-colored points & bars for all numbers except 12 & 6, which are stylized almost Art Deco...the 6 is nearly a triangle. The 5-minute marks are written in tiny letters in black. The s/n on the back cover is 1409232, which I think from reading here would not put it as early as Art Deco period (20-30's). Inside cover has "Zodiac, Ltd.", "LeCocle, Swiss", and an inscription from a repair in '73. On the works outlined in a box is 834S, other same markings as ones seen here (Zodiac, etc.) and it has 15 jewels. The face is only about 3/4" wide. The watchband's a cheap replacement; Mom's was falling apart at the seam where it wraps around the pins.

I'm sure it's not worth anything, but I love it! I'm so glad you all are here to help a baby Zodiac afficionado. Thanks!!

Laura

jon p

nice watch!use it and enjoy it, it is a great feeling wearing a vintage watch. it will need a good service/ cleaning, the watchmaker we use here is in CA. and does fantastic work. it is sad, but there really is very little actual collector value to vintage ladies watches unless they are solid gold cases--- scrap value.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign