News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac or Seiko what is this?

Started by Sea Wolf, April 01, 2010, 08:26:22 AM

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:P wow-that  sw movement and dial fit right into what ever kinda case that is!! the 60min ring around the dial looks like seiko but the case and back look like?????.usually seiko backs have a lot of info on them---none here. bezel might be seiko--sure not zodiac. really not a bad looking watch for a franken seikoiac! something new everyday on the bay. JON

jon p

come on butch--jump in here, would love to see your comments on this one!!  i am going to be real em-bare-assed if this is a 100% real zodiac!  JON

davec73

Think he just inadvertently cut and pasted from a Seiko auction that he had.

Think its a regular Seawolf dial in a Super (or similar) case.

Butch

Sorry, vakay and all that. No clue what that is. I think the dial and movement are too old for that style case, and the band too new for it. Did anyone ask for a close up of the in and out of the case back?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:o :o ??? someone wants it real bad--13 hr left and its up to $290.00 already!! it is really rare! yeah boy! this one needs to be in butches section zodiacs that never were.. i guess that it will sell for 300. plus.

Sea Wolf

I can not figure why anyone would want to purchase that thing.  It clearly says Sea Wolf on the dial and the seller claims it to be a Super Sea Wolf.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:P SEA WOLF---i agree 100% with you, i dont think seller has any idea what this is! i will have to admit someone did a nice job fitting the sea wolf dial into that mystery case. you see some weird things on the bay.  JON

jon p

??? ::) WOW---it just sold for $381.00 + 15.00 shipping !

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jon p on April 06, 2010, 08:01:53 AM
i will have to admit someone did a nice job fitting the sea wolf dial into that mystery case. you see some weird things on the bay.  JON

You are seeing this more and more, and honestly it is not that hard of a thing to do.  I have done this kind of work before (at a customer's request, not to fool anyone like what goes on with Ebay), and if you have a large assortment of movement/case rings of all sizes and jeweler's tools you can do some amazing things with creating watches like this.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign