News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Oh the horror!

Started by thesheiladivine, June 08, 2011, 05:38:45 PM

thesheiladivine

Talk about a great watch  a few extremely rare pieces away from being sweet.  This watch is missing one endpiece on the wrist band, unfortunately, a gold endpiece.  To be correct, it would require a new dial with gold hands and gold stencils on a black face.

Still it's worth something.  A 9ct gold bezel, links to an original two tone band, a gold clasp....but who knows if the thing can be repaired internally at this point....ah sad.   :'(

jon p

:'( :'( :'(  a true crying shame!! this is the first 70s sea wolf i have seen with the gold bezel. dial doesnt look bad at all, missing hand lume is an easy fix. now gentlemen/ladies, the gasket is what you DO NOT WANT TO SEE!!!!! i am sure it wont run cause some of that melted GOO is in the movement. the crown seal must look just like it, probably exposure to salt water over many years. the missing gold end link is the biggest problem i see, you will never find one. i guess both end caps could be replaced with some that would fit, i saw a  JBC bracelet for sale a while back that had  one end cap replaced and it wasnt original BUT IT WAS SERVICEABLE and didnt look bad at all. i sure hate to see my favorite watch in this terrible condition, but i just keep telling mysel that most people buy a watch like this as a TOOL to tell time, and never give trashing it a second thought. i agree, the horror of it all but most people dont cherish and or honor a watch like WE DO!!! maybe someone with cash will buy this and BWG can bring it back to its original GLORY! cant wait to see what it sells for.

reydelaplaya

I'm actually trying to get in on this one!  I've already contacted the seller to see how firm the 'no shipping to US protectorates' is.  We'll see ;)

jon p

where do you live, i just noticed that statement in the shipping info!!!

reydelaplaya

@ Jon - In Puerto Rico.  I went to toss a couple preliminary bucks in on it and it went to a page explaining that bidding from my country wasn't allowed. (She's checking with her husband to see if it's ok to send it to me... seriously) LOL

Ultra-Vintage

I will tell you now that cleaning up gaskets that have gotten into that condition are a pain in the A#*.  They dont wipe off, they just smear.....and smear.....and smear some more.  That usually results when someone has used alcohol or some other solvent to wipe down and clean the case, and the solution sits in the cracks and melts the rubber gasket.

That aside, could be a cool looking watch, but expect alot of work and probable funds to make it so.

jon p

sold for 229.00, with a LOT of TLC, luck finding parts and BWG this one can be brought back from the dead!! hope some one will honor it ! REY, did YOU get this one-you said you were going to bid if they would allow it!?

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign