News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

We knew it would come to this.....

Started by Ultra-Vintage, January 29, 2012, 11:59:55 PM

Ultra-Vintage

I have talked about the sickness that has affected the 'bay on more than one occassion.  I now have proof that unfortunately, it has gotten worse. 

It is now official, every chronograph that is not a Heuer, is to be considered and "Poor Man's Heuer".  I repeat, if a chronograph is not a Heuer, it shall be considered a "Poor Man's Heuer", because a Heuer is what all chronographs dream that they could become.

He is also selling a vintage Clebar chrono as well, but he forgot to call it a "Poor Man's Heuer".   I guess maybe because it gave up it's dream of ever becoming a real Heuer...

???  ???  ???

Butch

But, but, but......They all see to look like Zodiacs....
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:P :P  :shuc :wehe :wtf           well damn, i guess my 2 wakmann chronos --- a 2 reg and a 3 reg from the 50s/60s --- are poor mans heuers too!!! i never knew before now, it is such a relief to now know the truth.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jon p on January 30, 2012, 08:28:31 AM
:P :P  :shuc :wehe :wtf           well damn, i guess my 2 wakmann chronos --- a 2 reg and a 3 reg from the 50s/60s --- are poor mans heuers too!!! i never knew before now, it is such a relief to now know the truth.

We are all struggling to accept the truth, but we will get there.  And remember, knowing is half the battle   ;)

rhsnyc

GO JOE!
Sorry had to do it.
Just saw this super sea wolf on ebay. Thoughts?

jon p

:-\ :-\ :-\          looks like a nice SSW, would be MUCH better with original bracelet. it probably sell real high, very decent condition.

rhsnyc

Would you happen to know what the going rate for exact model with an original band might be these days? I am itching to scoop one up.

Butch

Which one??? There are 3 auctions referred to in this thread

rhsnyc

Sorry the one i most previously left item number for. It was 320840072668 a nice black dial and orange  ssw. I think the seller ended it early for some reason?  ???
havent seen many for sale pop up online.
thanks.

Butch

Ah, the Super Sea Wolf. I just sold one in Oct. with a band, good crystal, nice dial but the lum had faded on it, for $900. About what they go for on eBay at time. And mine was fully serviced and restored before selling it. Hope this helps.

rhsnyc

Thanks for the info Butch much appreciated. I will keep my eyes open.  :ur

Ultra-Vintage

.............................................................................I give up  :yeller

Butch

jon p

:yeller :yeller :yeller   OMG, now we are seeing the poor mans rolex, and it is quartz and only 1,300.! when did this model get to be worth this much?! wonder if he would take250.!?

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

dmh

Oh Sea Wolf, you must be mistaken. This watch is in Texas.  :wehe
It just ships from Canada as does this SSW 120854733156 from same seller.
Now that you mention it, they both look familiar.
Best,
dmh

orangecorallimorph

I think my sides are splitting from deep raucous belly laughter and guffaws that only members of this forum can provide!! My goodness the antics of some "Watch geeks" are too funny for words!! But hey I'm just a dang 'ole Vintage Zodiacs watch forum "Rube"!! But this sh!t is funny, I don't care who you are. Gotta Hand it to our "International Man of Mystery" though! He is a laugh a minute!!! :ur

jon p

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign