News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vtg. Red Dot Professional 200

Started by Great Highway Ghost, January 15, 2011, 04:10:33 PM

Great Highway Ghost

Hey there-

First off, I'm a vintage Zodiac noob, obviously, and of course, pleased to be here... =)

Just purchased my first Zodiac, as I was encouraged by other things I'd read here whilst lurking. I was hoping to get some feedback on the watch itself, prior to leaving the seller + feedback on ebay. I preface by saying I believe all to be 100% on the level as far as description, in so much as the seller was totally forthright. Perhaps the community can vouch, and tell me a bit about the watch, date of manufacture, and how I did as far as value? I greatly appreciate any assistance in advance.

Ended auction w/ photos here. I haven't snapped my own yet. If for some reason the pics don't show, I'll throw some up in short order.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120667068653&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks much!

GHG.

Butch

That is from the 1990's and you probably paid too much for it. Having said that it is a nice model.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Sea Wolf

Looks original.  What is the number on the back of the watch and I can look it up in the catalog.

Personally I would prefer this model in the automatic version.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Great Highway Ghost

Thanks, Butch & Sea Wolf. Much appreciated. I should say this is my first Vtg. Zodiac, as a gift I was given a V Wolf a few years ago, but honestly trying to get away from wearing such a large watch. Funny thing is, I'd actually been looking for a vintage TAG/Heuer Professional, and happened upon this, and it really struck me, as the aesthetic is so similar. I started bidding around $159 and it just escalated to $300.

I will say the watch is in impeccable condition. A few more questions, if you don't mind... What would you gauge the value at, how rare are these, and I also have to say it was a bit smaller than I expected, though I'm getting used to the size-- understanding most vintage divers were just smaller, generally. Was this a mid-size, or did this series only come in one size?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

The number on back looks to be: 113.21.03

Sea Wolf

They made that in 3 sizes.  You have the midsize.  They also produced an automatic version in 2 sizes.

I have seen that model in automatic a few years ago in new old stock condition and they sold for around $300-400 each.

Have patience on ebay and you could get the larger size and sell the midsize if you prefer.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

nice watch in great shape. just be very careful with the screw down crown, they tend to strip the threads and there are NO replacement parts for  these 1990s made models. yes it is the midsize, i have a small wrist and i like that size. it has a high quality quartz movement, 7 jw i believe. i have paid too much for some in my collection also, but if you like it what the heck. enjoy it, it is part of zodiac history.

Great Highway Ghost

Thanks for all the replies. Glad I found the boards, and look forward to being around.  8)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign