News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

NOS Seawolf bezel too tight?

Started by smirshkahoven, January 06, 2024, 03:27:55 PM

smirshkahoven

BWG did a fine restoration of my vintage Seawolf in 2017 (Thanks, BWG!) but was unable at the time to locate an original bezel for the watch (I think it's a GMT bezel that was on it was I bought it). I have recently located a bezel that I think should work but although the GMT bezel pops on and off relatively easily I can't manage to get the new one on and I don't want to damage it trying. It seems like it wants to fit but very tightly. I've thought about trying a crystal press to get it on, but am doubting the wisdom of that. Any ideas would be welcome!

Ultra-Vintage

Subtle variations in case shape and bezel differences between the years of production make it hard to find a replacement bezel that will fit perfectly right off the bat.  Many need to be altered to fit a new/vintage case the way that they should.

YuriyV

Wise decision not to force it. Permanent damage could occur.
Can you take a profile picture of the case? Looks like you have a case for spring loaded bezel. In this instance, given bezel will not work.

smirshkahoven

It seems that the main issue is that the width of the rim on the old bezel is (close as I can measure) .077inch and the new one .0785 to .079 inch.

BWG, is this something you'd be willing to take on?

Here is a profile of the case. If the watch requires a spring loaded bezel I was not aware of it.

YuriyV

No, the case is a friction fitted. Should be good.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign