News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Wolf Dating and Condition

Started by zaniac, May 18, 2011, 09:12:02 AM

zaniac

Check out the original dial and hands condition on this Sea Wolf. One of the best I've ever seen.
How about the year on the engraving..1943? Isn't that way earlier than when the watch was made?
Chris

jon p

chris, yeah i saw this one also, VERY NICE hands/dial. i have the same one i bought new in 1968 that has the original bracelet and looks this good. original one owner, just tuned up by ,of course, BWG!! this bracelet looks good even if not original. i guess the date is a birth date, i was born 1945 and was in the army 1968-1974 so me and this guy are about the same age for nam service. cant wait to see what this clean one sells for!! i would bid if i didnt already have one. i like my white dial better, my old eyes can see it better! but, the black holds a special place in my memories.

zaniac

Oh Yeah, thanks Jon for the explanation. That makes sense that the date would be his birth date. I was thinking inscriptions are normally the date in which the gift was given. I've seen the two that BWG did for you and flawless work, as usual. I have a few that need to go to him, just trying to save the cash.
Chris

jon p

my black dial is engraved on the back with my initials and 5-10-68, it was a birthday gift from my ex on my 23rd b-day,  which i spent in basic training at ft  benning GA. not a pleasant b-day for SURE!!! i didnt wear the watch til i got to quarter master school at ft lee VA in july of 68. i have loved the watch since i first saw it at the PX! brings back a lot of memories.

kgriner

That was grett!  That dial looks as nice as some of the NOS dials I have!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign