News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Opinions about this ladies zodiac

Started by Anilama, January 09, 2024, 03:15:17 PM

Anilama

Looking to buy a small gold zodiac for myself, any opinions about this one? The seller is saying it's fully working, unsure what I'd need to check or look at before buying.

YuriyV

What is eBay site you use? EBay.com doesn't have this lot.

Anilama

It's eBay UK.
But now since I sent them an enquiry about this watch they've increased the listing price by £100 :-X (originally it was only £74) so probably I won't be buying it now anyway...

YuriyV

LOL, seller is keeping price rais. Now it is 174.20 quid  :lolz;

Anilama

Found another one that I quite like, does this one seem genuine?

Butch

Yes, it is genuine. Those are men's Hermetic models from the 1940's. This may help you.

https://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=2873.msg12273#msg12273

As an aside, I simply cannot beleive the asking prices for these things today.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Anilama

Thanks for the reply. Do you think they are overpriced?

Butch

I think a lot of eBay sellers think they have struck gold when they find an old watch at a yard sale or pawn shop. As I have always said: Just because it's old does not make it gold.

Anyone else want to weigh in here?

radzod

Ladies zodiacs perenially sell for a fraction of the gents. If you can find one you like, and you are patient, they can be had for cheap. That hermetic has a nice patina and ok price at the starting bid. The band needs to go and almost certainly needs service, regardless of what they say, so factor that in.

Butch

Thanks RadZod.

Anilama, as I explained, you are looking at a mans size watch from the 40's. The ladies watches were rediculously small by today's standards. In the 1940's the mens watches ran ~30-33 MM across.

Anilama

I don't mind that it's a men's watch. The case size will actually suit me better than the tiny 20 mm one.
The price is better too, and I find its face more interesting (although I appreciate it's a completely different style to the first one).
I'll have a think through and may consider bidding. Will update you if I bought it :)
Thanks for the advice so far!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign