News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Can we talk?

Started by Butch, September 13, 2013, 11:45:15 AM

Butch

Sorry, could not help but use a Joan Rivers quote here. Take a look at this auction: 360738416612.

OK, now, a seller's price is certainly their business, and I am fine with that. What I am trying to understand here is the mentality of the eBay watch seller. In this case, based on the seller's name, they know something of watches. As a matter of fact, looking at their other auctions they are all watches. Now, I am NOT picking on this seller, just using this one as an example as I am too lazy to go get many other examples. I am using this one as the catalyst for the discussion (you guys remember what that was like, right?).

So my question? Oh, yeah, sorry. What makes every old watch worth a $100 starting point? I mean, this is a manual wind gold plated watch. Sure it is a Zodiac, but their other auctions are not. One picture, not very good at showing the condition, but they did put a new band on it, so that makes it worth $100 automatically? There was a time where something like this would have been thrown out there at a 99 cent let'er rip auction.

Even UV has told me that of late when he goes to the watch shows (I gave that up in the last century, along with my NAWCC membership) that the prices there are simply ridiculous, for the most part.

Just because it is old does not make it gold.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:ur       AND AMEN brother!

gwells

to add to that, and picking on this seller...

especially if you are a "watch seller," shouldn't you know how to accurately describe your watch?

what are the measurements of the watch? lug width? depth? width? it really irks me when i see people selling 25-30 watches at a time who can't be bothered to tell you the measurements of the watch. especially a vintage piece.

Butch

Vintage = small by today's standards. But I know what you mean. Is it 30 MM? 32 MM? Or that honking big 35 MM?

incountry

Some of these listings include such crappy pictures that it seems the seller doesn't want you to get a good look at the item.  Just because you can take a picture with your cell phone that doesn't mean that ALL pictures should be taken with cell phones.

Butch

Amen to that! Nor should one we using the frigging eBay MOBILE app to upload auctions with 1 damn line descriptions.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign